HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY! Today’s Color Your World Link Up is patriotic! And because I am a military wife (oh yes, there is a tidbit that you may have not know about me) I am proud to share this special day with you.
Red, White & Blue ~ Nothing says 4th of July or the American flag like these colors to me. They also are the perfect little boy colors for my son’s name paintings in their room. I had such a good time painting these a while back!
And of course, I had to include a blurry action shot of my hubby and kids as they watched our town parade! Please excuse the fallen flag . . . it was dropped like a hot potato as soon as the candy started flying. Apparently, little hands needed to catch the sweets more than wave the flag. Oh the shame. . .
I look forward to seeing you interpretation of this months colors!
WHY: Color brightens a mood. It brings joy. It makes the world prettier. It brings life to dullness. Color is everywhere, but it’s easy to miss it in the midst of our busy lives.
CHALLENGE: Color Your World is a monthly color challenge that encourages us to STOP and NOTICE the color around us.
HOW: Here’s how it works…
1. We pick a color challenge for the month. July is Red, White & Blue!!! Check here for each months colors.
2. You take that color and interpret it using your creative outlet.
3. Write a blog post on your interpretation.
4. Grab the Color Your World button to display on your blog or link back to the linky.
5. Link up your blog post (not your blog) to the color challenge the 1st Wednesday of the month. Link will stay open Wednesday at 6 am CST through Sunday at 11:59 pm CST.
Creativity knows no bounds. It is a vast machine that is unique to each person. Use your unique creativity to interpret the color each month. It could be the written word, painting, photography, music. We want to see your unique creative voice!
Color Your World is a monthly linky hosted by…