I am inspired by the simplest things. Our world is a marvel of pattern and color and the miracle is that we live surrounded by it all. But sometimes the most beautiful thing, the one right in front of you, can be overlooked. Lets take time and pay attention to the color around us. Lets get inspired by it, create with it and share it! Some friends and I have created this NEW Color Your World challenge and want you to do it with us! Excited?! You can grab the Color Your World button in the margin and read more on the Color Your World page above. Start noticing!
Photo by Jennifer Price
WHY: Color brightens a mood. It brings joy. It makes the world prettier. It brings life to dullness. Color is everywhere, but it’s easy to miss it in the midst of our busy lives.
CHALLENGE: Color Your World is a monthly color challenge that encourages us to STOP and NOTICE the color around us.
HOW: Here’s how it works…
1. We pick a color challenge for the month. Linky dates and colors are…
May 2 ~ green
June 6 ~ yellow
July 4 ~ red, white and blue
August 1 ~ purple
September 5 ~ teal
October 3 ~ orange
November 7 ~ brown
December 5 ~ white
2. You take that color and interpret it using your creative outlet.
3. Write a blog post on your interpretation.
4. Grab the Color Your World button to display on your blog or link back to the linky.
5. Link up your blog post (not your blog) to the color challenge the 1st Wednesday of the month. Link will stay open Wednesday at 6 am CST through Sunday at 11:59 pm CST.
Creativity knows no bounds. It is a vast machine that is unique to each person. Use your unique creativity to interpret the color each month. It could be the written word, painting, photography, music. We want to see your unique creative voice!